Gentle & Safe Tricks to Remove Old Hair Color
+ Intro to KC's "Shampoo Train"This trick normally would be the one I recommend you head to a Professional for, it is about the toughest project you can take on in Hair Color - there almost always is one "Hair-Color-Correction Specialist in every town. Or at least here in California there is. Encourage Stylists in your area to specialize in it they will become very very busy.
First we want to talk about the Malibu 2000 Color Correction Packet.
The Color Correction particular packet is used for a multitude of applications, let me pin-point the important ones:
- old hair-color removal
- mistake's in hair color
- Shampoo Train step
- Prepping hair for NEW color
- Remove 'many' of various Krazy Kolor brands
- removes chlorine, metals, build-up - prior to coloring ANY color
The Shampoo Train is my little cute (effective) trick for helping change hair colors semi-often. Depending on the procedure of course, and I remind you - everyone is different.
The SHAMPOO TRAIN goes like this :
Purchase or use that one bottle of sulfate-shampoo you have hiding in your cupboard that is super cheap + has sulfates in it... you know every bad thing there is.or you purchase one at the drug/grocery store.. You are only using it for this one process so there is nothing to worry about. Then as frequently as you can : shampoo the hair ferociously (not scalp - just hair strands!) -- being sure to spend 4-5 minutes -- scrub - scrub - scrubbing ! ! scrub the hair in your hands with a back & forth scrubbing action - like a washboard almost. The last step is to either:
- leave the shampoo on the hair for 30-45 minutes with a cap or
- if you are really trying to have it work fast... you will need the heat of a Hair Dryer... and dry it for 15-20 minutes.
- Now you may do this procedure 4-5 times in one day or over the course of 1-2-3 weeks - its all completely up to you and how big your project is. ..... and all these applications are why the "train' reference.......... as it just keeps going and going !
- This is the description of the most radical Shampoo Train - - then you may condense it down to your situation ! OK? Get it? Questions? Use the FEEDBACK buttons in the store.
Now, the most inexpensive/compact version of a blow dryer was this little Dryer system you see ( click it to purchase).....They come in silver & black -- so don't expect any particular color.....but they last a long time and work well for this and a multitude of things. * dry velcro curlers * deep condition with Thriven or you deep conditioner * Hot Oil Treatment with Gleam * Heat up your hamburger !! j/k......you watch all the reasons you find for this!
. . . everyone tells me they love it - - - we carry this great compact version in the store for this and for deep conditioning which you should do when completed with this entire procedure PLUS use INTENSIVE to save the pH. This contraption turns a blow dryer into a hood dryer - they fly out of here because they work for a multitude of hair applications. After that you shampoo. What this does is loosen the color molecules that are lodged in your hair.
OR... If you are having problems lightening a color a little that way ...then you next add this Color Correction packet, do the complete application as stated on the packet....then the shampoo train -- then the Color Correction packet -- and back to the Train and on and on.... one then the other... and for the perfect Color Removal process you would Shampoo Train for a few days in a week
Isn't it funny... so many of us color our hair and do everything possible to get it to stick and stay in the hair.. now here we are trying to get that same color out ! !
The advantages of the Shampoo Train procedure are :
- lessens the amount of Vanish you have to use
- Most Gentle method of shaking up molecules you plan to remove
- Boxed hair Color can be next to impossible to remove, this helps the process not cost so much.
Of all the Treatment Packs this one is Great for alternating with VANISH -- when trying to get old syrupy mollasses-y Boxed Hair Color out of the Hair.
Now the Shampoo Train experience comes from trying to take actors who wanted different colors all the time ...and do it safely and gently so this is my own little treatment that stems from my training at Sassoon... it works well. There is the wonderful Color Remover called VANISH we recommend. But, doing any hair color process, even removing your color is just not healthy to do every day or every week. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of room to play...and we will go into all the ways when someone poses a question they want answered.
The last trick for stubborn color
- Bleach Soap Cap ( is a mix of powder lightener & developer)But a few people screwed this up, so I do not want any of you trying it anymore. If you email us we will give you the exact directions for this - it is very very tricky...you must be very careful with this. It does work on tough situations though ! Plus it is a weird name ! Email us at our new email :Killertrinity3@aol.com