Of all the Treatment Packs this one is Great for alternating with VANISH -- when trying to get old syrupy mollasses-y Boxed Hair Color out of the Hair. Now the Shampoo Train experience comes from trying to take actors who wanted different colors all the time ...and do it safely and gently so this is my own little treatment that stems from my training at Sassoon... it works well. There is the wonderful Color Remover called VANISH we recommend. But, doing any hair color process, even removing your color is just not healthy to do every day or every week. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of room to play...and we will go into all the ways when someone poses a question they want answered.
The last trick for stubborn color
This packet is the one I recommend to so many of you who end up here at Killerstrands in hopes of repairing and re-coloring your old horrible hair color or/ Sallys horrible ION Hair Color (which destroys hair) or Boxed Hair Color. You must get those types of hair color OUT-OF-YOUR-HAIR, first so you have a stripped down base ! !
- Do the very best you can to REMOVE the old DULL Hair Color by applying 1-2-3 packets of this.
- Purchase the Travel Hair Dryer as it works even better with the heat ....... it will work 4X as well !
- Use Cheap PRELL Shampoo or the cheapest lousiest shampoo you can find under the sink to remove your old dull hair color .........then when you have a nice clean faded BASE.............
- Use one of 2 Hair Colors either ............SCHWARTZKOPF IGORA ROYAL or ESSENSITY..........both add so much Shine or
- Wella ILLUMINA ..........this line works great as well but focus' on Level 5 thru 10 ONLY!
Stripping is what is so important to the Re-coloring portion of the process.
This is my favorite packet for Strip and Re-Coloring the hair, if you truly cannot afford VANISH
The Color Correction particular packet is used for a multitude of applications, let me pin-point the important ones:
- old hair-color removal
- mistake's in hair color
- Shampoo Train step
- Prepping hair for NEW color
- Remove 'many' of various Krazy Kolor brands
- removes chlorine, metals, build-up - prior to coloring ANY color
The Shampoo Train is my little cute (effective) trick for helping change hair colors semi-often. Depending on the procedure of course, and I remind you - everyone is different. The SHAMPOO TRAIN goes like this :
Purchase or use that one bottle of sulfate-shampoo you have hiding in your cupboard or you purchase one at the drug/grocery store.. You are only using it for this one process so there is nothing to worry about. Then as frequently as you can : shampoo the hair ferociously (not scalp - just hair strands!) -- being sure to spend 4-5 minutes -- scrub - scrub - scrubbing ! ! scrub the hair in your hands with a back & forth scrubbing action - like a washboard almost. The last step is to either:
- leave the shampoo on the hair for 30-45 minutes with a cap or
- if you are really trying to have it work fast... you will need the heat of a Hair Dryer... and dry it for 15-20 minutes.
- Now you may do this procedure 4-5 times in one day or over the course of 1-2-3 weeks - its all completely up to you and how big your project is. ..... and all these applications are why the "train' reference.......... as it just keeps going and going !
is the description of the most radical Shampoo Train - - then you may
condense it down to your situation ! OK? Get it? Questions? Use the
FEEDBACK buttons in the store.
Everyone tells me they love it - - - we carry this great compact version in the store for this and for deep conditioning which you should do when completed with this entire procedure PLUS use INTENSIVE to save the pH. This contraption turns a blow dryer into a hood dryer - they fly out of here because they work for a multitude of hair applications. After that you shampoo. What this does is loosen the color molecules that are lodged in your hair.
OR... If you are having problems lightening a color a little that way ...then you next add this Color Correction packet, do the complete application as stated on the packet....then the shampoo train -- then the Color Correction packet -- and back to the Train and on and on.... one then the other... and for the perfect Color Removal process you would Shampoo Train for a few days in a week ....Isn't it funny... so many of us color our hair and do everything possible to get it to stick and stay in the hair.. now here we are trying to get that same color out ! !
The advantages of the Shampoo Train procedure are :
- lessens the amount of Vanish you have to use
- Most Gentle method of shaking up molecules you plan to remove
- Boxed hair Color can be next to impossible to remove, this helps the process not cost so much.