August 22, 2010

HAIR……….PRAY…………..LOVE

They missed  most important Step : Good Hair
N89516446ever Fails. When I start to wonder if I am really doing any good out there with my hair education . . . a wonderful note from a reader floats into my world. I’ve changed the name to protect the innocent !

For J. (whom I hope conquers that 1 step she is struggling with) & all of you out there . . . here is her experience with 10,000 HEADS & a quest for the healthiest hair……..word for word:
I'm J~
...I saw your post for additional help in the Killer Strands Google Group and finally decided to write.  I know you're crazy busy, so I promise not to take too much of your time.  To tell you the truth, I stumbled upon the Killer Strands blog a few months ago, after going onto many different sites in the quest to get my hair into its best condition it's ever been in.  I've never had a problem with thinning hair (which is initially who I assumed the majority of your readers were), but everything that you said and the advice that you gave completely made sense to me.  I figured if the 10,000 Heads system helped people with those issues, imagine what it could do for someone without thinning issues, but with slight damage.  I began reading the blog bit, by bit, by bit, over and over, printing out every page and comment along the way.  I never had the urge to attempt to color my own hair, although I did read through and print every bit of that, as well.  My stylist only uses professional hair color and she doesn't bleach overlap!!!  So why mess up a good thing, right?  You're probably gonna laugh at this and think I'm neurotic, but after reading what you wrote about Sassoon trained stylists, I researched who was Sassoon trained in Massachusetts and finally, finally, finally found an unbelievable stylist.  It was the best decision I ever made...I can't explain how he does what he does when he cuts my hair, but I've never had such of an awesome haircut in my life.  It's been over ten weeks now, since I've had a trim and it still looks great!!!  So I actually go to two:  One for my color; and one for my cut.  As much as I love my colorist, she doesn't cut hair like Tony (who is the one that's Sassoon trained).  Crazy, right? 
So I figured I'd implement as many of the steps in the 10,000 Heads program as I realistically could, giving it a month without Gleam, Thriven and the SS, figuring if you were as informative and right-on-the-money with your information and advice as I thought you were, I'd see a difference (even if it was subtle) with implementing just a few of the steps.  I also knew that if I started to see a difference in the condition of my hair, then I would have to take it up a notch and order Gleam and Thriven and incorporate that into my 10,000 Heads routine (which I did purchase and now use religiously). I started it off with using an SLS-free shampoo (which was easy enough to do), upped my water intake significantly, and gave up blow drying for the most part (seeing how it's summer).  I've practiced yoga (for a couple of years once or twice a week (by the way, my yoga instructor has gorgeous waist-length hair, which I swear she got due to all of the inversions that she does), and work out pretty regularly (including walks) and try to eat healthy.  I'm not a big drinker (maybe only a drink or two a month) and I'm drug free.  I've only used a straight iron a couple of times in my life (I'm 39, by the way), and glad that I don't have FIA.  I also use Gleam 2x a day and I just can't even find the words to describe Thriven.  I am in love with the scent and what the product does to my hair.  The scent is so fresh, clean and rejuvenating.  The texture of the product is unlike anything I've ever used before, but it didn't take long at all to get used to.  The only difference is with me is I put it in (using the slumber method), but I don't wash it out the next morning and it never fails, every time, my hair looks smokin' hot the next day!!!!!  Well, those are my strengths using the system.  I still haven't gotten a show filter, I do have a good amount of stress that I'm trying to eliminate and oh, boy, I do enjoy smoking a butt.. :(  I'm working on those though.  I'm only human...LOL  I've been following the 10,000 Heads steps to the best of my ability for exactly two months and two days now.  I kick myself for not taking before pictures.  I knew I should have, just to prove that 10,000 Heads is working for me. 
Over the past couple of months I've often thought about writing to you to see if there would be any way that I could help out.  I'm a transcriptionist by trade, so I am really good with spelling, grammar, punctuation, writing, proofreading, etc.  I remember seeing comments from people wishing that you'd put out a book with all of your wonderful information in an easy-to-read form, which put the bug in my head to contact you to begin with. ……………………Either way, I love what my hair has become and plan on continuing with the 10,000 Heads System!!
Thanks for your time!
~J
P. S.  So much for not babbling, huh?  :)   
I'm Julie...I saw your post for additional help in the Killer Strands Google Group and finally decided to write.  I know you're crazy busy, so I promise not to take too much of your time.  To tell you the truth, I stumbled upon the Killer Strands blog a few months ago, after going onto many different sites in the quest to get my hair into its best condition it's ever been in.  I've never had a problem with thinning hair (which is initially who I assumed the majority of your readers were), but everything that you said and the advice that you gave completely made sense to me.  I figured if the 10,000 Heads system helped people with those issues, imagine what it could do for someone without thinning issues, but with slight damage.  I began reading the blog bit, by bit, by bit, over and over, printing out every page and comment along the way.  I never had the urge to attempt to color my own hair, although I did read through and print every bit of that, as well.  My stylist only uses professional hair color and she doesn't bleach overlap!!!  So why mess up a good thing, right?  You're probably gonna laugh at this and think I'm neurotic, but after reading what you wrote about Sassoon trained stylists, I researched who was Sassoon trained in Massachusetts and finally, finally, finally found an unbelievable stylist.  It was the best decision I ever made...I can't explain how he does what he does when he cuts my hair, but I've never had such of an awesome haircut in my life.  It's been over ten weeks now, since I've had a trim and it still looks great!!!  So I actually go to two:  One for my color; and one for my cut.  As much as I love my colorist, she doesn't cut hair like Tony (who is the one that's Sassoon trained).  Crazy, right? 
So I figured I'd implement as many of the steps in the 10,000 Heads program as I realistically could, giving it a month without Gleam, Thriven and the SS, figuring if you were as informative and right-on-the-money with your information and advice as I thought you were, I'd see a difference (even if it was subtle) with implementing just a few of the steps.  I also knew that if I started to see a difference in the condition of my hair, then I would have to take it up a notch and order Gleam and Thriven and incorporate that into my 10,000 Heads routine (which I did purchase and now use religiously). I started it off with using an SLS-free shampoo (which was easy enough to do), upped my water intake significantly, and gave up blow drying for the most part (seeing how it's summer).  I've practiced yoga (for a couple of years once or twice a week (by the way, my yoga instructor has gorgeous waist-length hair, which I swear she got due to all of the inversions that she does), and work out pretty regularly (including walks) and try to eat healthy.  I'm not a big drinker (maybe only a drink or two a month) and I'm drug free.  I've only used a straight iron a couple of times in my life (I'm 39, by the way), and glad that I don't have FIA.  I also use Gleam 2x a day and I just can't even find the words to describe Thriven.  I am in love with the scent and what the product does to my hair.  The scent is so fresh, clean and rejuvenating.  The texture of the product is unlike anything I've ever used before, but it didn't take long at all to get used to.  The only difference is with me is I put it in (using the slumber method), but I don't wash it out the next morning and it never fails, every time, my hair looks smokin' hot the next day!!!!!  Well, those are my strengths using the system.  I still haven't gotten a show filter, I do have a good amount of stress that I'm trying to eliminate and oh, boy, I do enjoy smoking a butt.. :(  I'm working on those though.  I'm only human...LOL  I've been following the 10,000 Heads steps to the best of my ability for exactly two months and two days now.  I kick myself for not taking before pictures.  I knew I should have, just to prove that 10,000 Heads is working for me. 
Over the past couple of months I've often thought about writing to you to see if there would be any way that I could help out.  I'm a transcriptionist by trade, so I am really good with spelling, grammar, punctuation, writing, proofreading, etc.  I remember seeing comments from people wishing that you'd put out a book with all of your wonderful information in an easy-to-read form, which put the bug in my head to contact you to begin with.  I'm not sure what exactly you have in mind for help that you're looking for, but I would love to hear back from you to see if there's something I can do to enhance what you offer to Killer Strands fans. 
Either way, I love what my hair has become and plan on continuing with the 10,000 Heads System!!  Thanks for your time!
~J
P. S.  So much for not babbling, huh?  :)   
Now, THAT…….makes me feel wonderful, so thank you for taking the time to write. A couple comments: you can either take or leave:
  • You are not neurotic for hooking up with a  Sassoon trained Stylist, you are brilliant for that move.
  • Having 2 people do your hair is the way it is supposed to be – that's how they roll in Europe….A Colorist & Cutter . . . so if you live on the East coast sounds like it is finally trickling in, lucky you.
  • Inversions ( upside-down )… positions in Yoga, are the reason I have moved that Step onto the list. Think about it, all that blood rushing to your head. . . . is sooooooo good for your hair.
Thanks again, J. . . .I will get in touch with you this week about the ‘help’










Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Please do not include: references to personal information, or any profane, inflammatory or copyrighted comments. We would appreciate it if we all stick to the subject of HAIR . Have a wonderful day.

a

a