May 3, 2012

Chalk It Up to Hair : Semi-Permanent Color - Perfect For Tweens or YOU!

There is a new hoppin' Hair Technique that has been around the last month out here in crazy California they are referring to as: Chalking (I was hoping a new name would blossom). I tapped dance around the idea of carrying the Chalk I found to be the best...but there are already a million and one online stores carrying it. Some of these hair fads come and go so fast here in California - the feathers were in and out in 30 days I swear. ...I don't know what happens in the rest of the country. Please..........enlighten me.

What I did was find the chalk that works the best. This brand has 442 different colors and each stick is less than $6.00 ! I put together a kit that makes this particular chalk work to the optimum - we tried it with and without and I promise, the kit is not a includes my Instruction Sheet of how to apply so you look cool and not like you just missed the chalk board !

  • Malibu2000 Color Prep treatment packet - preps hair for brilliant color
  • 2 prs Gloves
  • Teasing brush - there is a trick to making the transfer from one color to the next is smooth
  • Setting Spray: This "sets" the Chalk in the hair and keeps it as brilliant of a color as you originally chose
  • Shower Cap (terry cloth inside)
The Chalk-it-Up Kit : $19.85

Finally I can get some of you to go a full week in between shampoos, because as soon as you have this in your hair you will be running from the shower .
As you can see below the Sennelier brand of pastel chalk is the dynamite one... NOT oil chalk.....that is a big "no-no" so careful on that one.
Sennelier Brand of Pastel Chalks ONLY

It looks sooooooo much fun, I cannot see why EVERYONE can't try it . . . bring out that artist in everyone of you.................and enjoy.

Killer Chemist 
The Bleaching series continues, with the next post...

Post a Comment



Increase Shine - Uses 6 & 13 Volume Developer


Many Kind Acknowledgements Lately

Dear KC,

Such a nice thing for you to offer...

I have been with you for years, now and
can't thank you enough for all you do for us!!! My thoughts are with you often hoping your health is

Your site is life changing...

Love you.
May 30, 2015