When KC started up her hair blog, the most frequently asked question was, "If she is so good, why isn't she working her magic in a salon?" Its not an easy question for her to answer because she has been so physically active all her life, but answer, she does: Several years ago KC was diagnosed with a rare bone disease: Synovial Giant Cell Tumor. It is such a new disease and so rare when first diagnosed (2001) . It was finally determined she would not be able to return to a career that involved long hours of standing. Her passion for coloring hair was so great she tried to prove her doctors wrong, but ultimately, found she couldn't.
She decided that she would reinvent her hair coloring self into someone who would share her expertise with as many people as possible. Thus, the KillerStrands Blog and then Store and Group, came to be. It took a while to decide on the blog idea since the technical side of writing, readily admitted by KC, is not KC's greatest strength. She thought that writing a blog wasn't something she could pull off. But once she decided that she would just write like she talks, it came together.
Once the Killerstrands Blog was up and running for a bit, she began to receive requests from all sorts of women and men from all over the country who could not find decent hair care in their home towns. KC couldn't believe the amount of misinformation that was out there. The top categories people were just insanely thirsty for:
- hair color education + product recommendations
- hair loss education ( female) + product recommendations
- shampoo education + product recommendations
- hair health education + product recommendations
- hair product education + recommendations
Out of the Blog, came the Killerstrands YAHOO Group . You must become a member of this group for the 'inside info, and to be able to ask questions of KC directly. From the Blog and the Group came the newest addition - the Killerstrands Store. The top 3 selling items are a few of KC's concoctions:
- (1) THRIVEN (deep conditioner) plus the Secret Supplement information, and
- (2) GLEAM - a hair oil using only the highest quality rare and exotic oils available &
- (3) Intensive - Post Color Treatment - Key to Best Color on planet Earth. Helps to protect & enhance semi/demi and permanent hair color treatments, locking in color and returning hair to proper pH level.
KC happily marvels that she continues to help people learn about the best hair care and coloring. She still has so much more to teach and so many more people out there to help. The story continues.