I have to admire this company, many times I feel as though I am the only one on planet Earth that seems to be concerned that HEAT is Hair's number 1 enemy. Thermafuse, apparently chose that to design their entire product line around and besides be commended for that, I feel it needs to be explained in more clear detail.
I wonder if many of you remember back to before there was such a tool as a Flat Iron? That was about 20 years ago - I had ordered my first one from England and was the star of the Academy - while going to school. Everyone - even the Instructors would ask politely to borrow it. To where we are today, where you can buy a teeny-tiny one that actually works and hang it on your key chain ! There is only one reason that I don't sell the very best Flat Iron (which no one ever talks about) on the store's web site - - I just cannot bring myself to sell something that is soooo bad for your hair. Think about what happens there .... you open two flat metal plates that have been heated to at least 250 degrees, lay a section of hair ON ONE PLATE ... then close the other heated plate down and hold them together as tight as possible and slide the hair through. That whole concept is just COMPLETELY NUTS!
C-O-M-P-L-E-T-L-Y f'n N-U-T-S !
For so long when the Flat Iron was this new novelty - I had this knot in my stomach knowing what would happen....I had no idea how bad it would get. I haven't talked about FIA in quite a while - but a quick review right now might be in order. FIA stands for Flat Iron Addiction, and there are millions of 'tweeners', 20 year-olds, and God knows how many other ages that are addicted to running a flat iron over their not-exactly-perfect (but beautiful) hair. Why this is so fascinating to them is because prior to this there was no tool that performed this little miracle. The problems arose when unbeknownst to these new Flat Iron owners ; repeated flat iron passes begin to tear down the structure of the hair. That frazzled cuticle reflects a frizzy look so the patron continues to make pass on top of pass with the Flat Iron virtually going in a non-ending circle that will never end in that once seen : GOAL of flat - shiny hair.
What this line of products has done is create a "patented" complex they decided to call "Proprietary Heat Smart Complex". The theory being that there is a conditioning molecule within the complex that is released when 'heat' is applied. HeatSmart Complex® combines a silicone molecule with a wheat protein molecule. Together they stay on the hair AND in the hair, penetrating to smooth any frazzled cuticle while also adding shine. The icing on the cake? HeatSmart Complex is accentuated by and activated with heat. Where in the past blow dryers, curling irons and flat irons damaged hair, with ThermaFuse they repair it!
It has been scientifically proven to protect and repair hair from heat...more importantly, when using any type of heat styling (flat-iron, curling iron, blow-dryer) the benefits of the Heat Smart Complex are multiplied by 3 times over use at room temperature.
Now that is brilliant...simply brilliant.Finally someone has focused a product line on exactly where the damage comes from. So many people try to blame hair color.....or lightener......or ammonia......or peroxide.......... or highlights for the damage to their hair.
NOTHING is more responsible for damage to your hair . . . than heat
I PROMISE YOU, if one of those other options, was the culprit ... we would have many options to cure the 'damage-problem'. But because 'heat' is the root of most every persons 'damage' problem ... people don't want to hear it, they grab at straws and want to accuse, ammonia / bleach / developer / environment as the problem to their hair damage. It just isn't so. Pull one little hair from your head....look at it. See how thin and small and fragile it looks....???? Well, that little tiny hair is still little and tiny when you are wrapping it around a metalized round brush and then BAKING it with a Hot Blow Dryer at the same time in order to form a wave or a curl. Its still fragile, it still doesn't like heat. I'm sure every single one of you has burned a hair accidentally - if you haven't or you forget . . . please pull one off your noggin' and light it up over the sink. Just let the warmth get close to that one hair and watch what happens. THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE TIME.... the flat iron or any of the hot tools are used.
- Try to guess at the amount of hours you use your weapon of choice (flat iron, curling iron, blow dryer, hot rollers...). If you style your hair every morning before work, just ballpark the minutes. Or from whatever your weekly pattern: try to write down how long your best guess is. If you can just cut back by 1 hour of hot tool use, you will be helping more than you could ever realize. Or move to an every other day schedule - just some sort of cut back.....it will help tremendously - I've seen it.
- Try to wait till your hair cool's down before re-using. I find many of you will re-peat a flat iron pass OR round brush roll when the hair is done, its completely dry and finished and many just keep going. A great trick is to clip the hair into place while you move to your next section. Let it cool that way, its what all runway hair stylists do for optimum results.
- Get yourself a good hair Sunscreen, all those rays need to be kept from the layers of your hair. Redken makes a great one. Color Extend Sun, we carry in our store
- Get Gleam & THRIVEN - Killerstrands top 2 products that I promise you fight damage & dullness created from Heat. Even the sun is detrimental to your hair.
- Begin using Thermafuse products. If you insist on using heat, which to be honest - I understand - then use all heat preventative products at your disposal. Thermafuse's line is amazing. Its Sulfate-Free and has been for quite a while, they are very aware of which ingredients are good for the hair and which are not. Here is a button to purchase any one of the THERMAFUSE shampoos or Conditioners. If you purchase the products here, be sure to include 'which' of the 6 you would like.